MySQL has released version 1.0.5 beta of their much anticipated database design tool. Application handles much better now, but still tends to freeze operation.
– Reverse engineering of existing MySQL databases
– Import DBDesigner4 models
– Synchronize edited model with MySQL database
– Generate SQL create script file
– Printing (Windows)
– Powerfull scripting and plugin interface. Plugins can be written in several languages, such as Lua, PHP, Java and Python.
– Fast, OpenGL based graphical canvas
– Quickly accessible “Overview” mode, which zooms out the whole canvas to reveal a more general view.
See an example screenshot of WB with the videoDB data model: